Saturday, July 9, 2011

Really Amazon? Really???

So, as many of you know, I am an avid Amazon shopper. I love it! It appeals to my inner cat ladyness of not wanting to go anywhere. Especially the store. I HATE the store. In fact, I ordered toothbrush heads the other day because I was that against going to Target. I'm a Prime member, I'll get them in two days... it's perfect. Forget that store-going bull shit!

In addition to loving Amazon, I also love smoothies. They help curb my deep need for sweets by convincing me I'm getting dessert and dinner at the same time. This deception helps quite a bit, as my sweet tooth is more demanding than Chrissy at 5am begging for gooshy food. The unfortunate part of this story is that smoothies require blenders. 

You see, I have a normal blender that happens to be the size of Lebron James' ego (and just as loud). In order for me to have my evening smoothy I have to unplug all other electrical appliances in the house and pass out earplugs to my roommates. The joy of a morning smoothie has never been experienced by me. I deeply desire one of those single-girl sized smoothie makers. I was flipping through one of my Fitness Magazines the other day and saw one that was a blender and a smoothie cup in one! It was amazing; Angels sang and a spotlight shone down from the heavens onto the page that displayed that beautiful piece of equipment. I had to have one.

In a manner completely unlike my normal M.O. I researched many blenders looking for the right one. I rarely read user reviews (because, really, who goes online to say something nice anyway?) but I scoured every user rating available. I needed a specific type. Every blender I looked at on Amazon was a single-serving, blender/mug in one blender. I finallly decided on one and sent away for it. I am quite excited to try it out.

This morning I had to work at the car dealer's. No biggie, I enjoy it here. So, I came to work and settled into my normal, hard-working routine of playing on the internet and sewing. After an hour or two of mindlessly perusing Facebook I decided to see what was going on with my Amazon account. So I logged on, went to my little homepage, and this was the first recommendation for me (and it stated right on the front that it was recommended to me because of my blender):

Because this is exactly what I should have based on my purchase history

Really Amazon? This makes me sad. Although, a friend of mine in Portland, OR did suggest that I just remove one of the seats and replace it with a basket and then I can have my cats ride with me. I'm considering it.

No comments:

Post a Comment